- Improved measures to prevent fraudulent practices associated with certificates of competency and strengthen the evaluation process (monitoring of Parties' compliance with the Convention).
- Revised requirements on hours of work and rest and new requirements for the prevention of drug and alcohol abuse, as well as updated standards relating to medical fitness standards for seafarers.
- New certification requirements for able seafarers.
- New requirements relating to training in modern technology such as electronic charts and information systems (ECDIS).
- New requirements for marine environment awareness training and training in leadership and teamwork.
- New training and certification requirements for electro-technical officers.
- Updating of competence requirements for personnel serving on board all types of tankers, including new requirements for personnel serving on liquefied gas tankers.
- New requirements for security training, as well as provisions to ensure that seafarers are properly trained to cope if their ship comes under attack by pirates.
- Introduction of modern training methodology including distance learning and web-based learning.
- New training guidance for personnel serving on board ships operating in polar waters.
- New training guidance for personnel operating Dynamic Positioning Systems.
STCW 2010 Manila amendments
ASIA PACIFIC MARITIME SERVICES, INC. 2/F S & L Building, 1500 Roxas Boulevard Ermita Manila, Telefax No. : 523-6163
Apply for SRC - Seafarer's Registration Certificate at Seafarers registrations unit, mezzanine 2nd Floor, POEA Building, EDSA cor Ortig...
Survival - is the ability of a seafarer to stay alive when life is threatened in a shipping casualty. It is an action, ability or effort ...
First Aid - is the emergency treatment given to the ill or injured person before professional medical services can be obtain.
Properties of the following: Oil – liquid form, volatile Chemical – toxic, hazardous, highly reactive, corrosive Gas – poisonous, toxic...
Requirements for appliction for issuance of COP - Certificate of Proficiency / COC – Certificate of CompetencyApplication for issuance of COP - Certificate of Proficiency is at MARINA - Maritime Industry Authority - 984 Parkview Plaza, Taft Aven...
UNIVERSITY OF CEBU – MARITIME TRAINING CENTER Mambaling, Cebu City, Telefax No.: (032) 261-3781
• IMO Model Course 1.01 - Tanker Familiarization / • IMO Model Course 1.02 - Specialized Training Programme on Oil Tanker Operations ...