- Improved measures to prevent fraudulent practices associated with certificates of competency and strengthen the evaluation process (monitoring of Parties' compliance with the Convention).
- Revised requirements on hours of work and rest and new requirements for the prevention of drug and alcohol abuse, as well as updated standards relating to medical fitness standards for seafarers.
- New certification requirements for able seafarers.
- New requirements relating to training in modern technology such as electronic charts and information systems (ECDIS).
- New requirements for marine environment awareness training and training in leadership and teamwork.
- New training and certification requirements for electro-technical officers.
- Updating of competence requirements for personnel serving on board all types of tankers, including new requirements for personnel serving on liquefied gas tankers.
- New requirements for security training, as well as provisions to ensure that seafarers are properly trained to cope if their ship comes under attack by pirates.
- Introduction of modern training methodology including distance learning and web-based learning.
- New training guidance for personnel serving on board ships operating in polar waters.
- New training guidance for personnel operating Dynamic Positioning Systems.
STCW 2010 Manila amendments
ASIA PACIFIC MARITIME SERVICES, INC. 2/F S & L Building, 1500 Roxas Boulevard Ermita Manila, Telefax No. : 523-6163 CONSOLIDATE...
Apply for SRC - Seafarer's Registration Certificate at Seafarers registrations unit, mezzanine 2nd Floor, POEA Building, EDSA cor Orti...
Survival - is the ability of a seafarer to stay alive when life is threatened in a shipping casualty. It is an action, ability or effort...
PERSONAL MUSTER CARD
Personal Muster Card - contains information which are useful to crew members in an emergency situation. The following are information in the Personal Muster Card:
Crew number, etc., General Emergency Alarm signal, Fire alarn signal, Abandon ship signal, Muster (assembly) station, Emergency duties.